Marauder series 6 detailed pictures

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Yeah, the Mods merging the 2 separate threads was not well thought out, unless they wanted it to descend into what it's become.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
For those of you that have received it, how's the mp40 compare with other military lines?

I'm doing a favor for a friend and making some customs of characters from his upcoming comic. Since these are comic characters, I don't need exact scale, just nice looking guns since these things will probably end up traveling with him.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's on the large size from what I've read.

I'd try to find a Dragon one. Those things are beautiful.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Man... you should read the latest crap about this on HT, spewing from the mouths of the uber-intellectual know-it-alls.

Whoever said "perception is everything", should be shot with a scaled M4.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Man... you should read the latest crap about this on HT, spewing from the mouths of the uber-intellectual know-it-alls.

I'm letting it go. It's taken a lot for me to stay quiet. Like when he post pictures of a 533 and calls it gigantic when it's average at best. I spent five minutes researching the enemy and I came to the realization he's a sad sad Norwegian.

After all, he's the guy that photoshops all of his paint apps and calls them customs. He's equally as asinine when he gets called out on it.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I just don't get how he can misunderstand scale so badly. It drives me nuts knowing that there are people so stupid in this world.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
I know, I know... I should just leave it alone. I just find it very difficult to let any of those ass-bags think they've won anything.

Ughhh... I suppose I could be the better man, and leave it behind.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

*chortles*

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I know, I know... I should just leave it alone. I just find it very difficult to let any of those ass-bags think they've won anything.

Ughhh... I suppose I could be the better man, and leave it behind.

That's the thing. We're engaged with a very savage insurgency that has tied their ideology to their Internet mortality. They won't stop being idiots unless someone else pulls the plug or someone drone strikes the Hisstank back to the stone age.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
For the record, I posted my bit under customizing general discussion, for people who care about this stuff to discuss it. Why it was moved to a collector-minded forum, I have no idea. I suppose some mod thought it would be funny perhaps.

Sorry about not quoting properly. The above is at the heart of the matter. Mods move stuff like that knowing full well it'll turn into major drama. Thats why I have never posted dios in a thread at that place. Obviously you posted it in the right section. Some bigwig over there knew he could ruin a good thread by throwing it in the wrong section and watching the fur fly. When they have it in for you they will find a way to do you in. IMO they are looking for any excuse to get rid of you Obi.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
I've thought as much at times. Seems like the mods have their own agendas for the most part. Like front-paging a friends custom, for example.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
This part cracked me up:

1:24 scaled dumbass said:
There would only be one scale, the Promethus equipment however would be bigger, but it would still be in scale with the rest - as a bigger piece of equipment. This is the flaw in your argument that I'm pointing out. In that setting there is only 1 scale, if some are gigantic as opposed to normal that doesn't matter, it's still based off 1 scale. a 2 up of a normal sized item is still in scale.

How does he think that equates to one scale? You'd have the normal scale, and the upscaled versions.. which would be another scale. Is his common sense not functioning properly?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Technically, engineers are larger but it's still 1:1 if they existed. Different scales are exact ratios of the real item it's based on. Living beings have an average that is determined for 1:1. What this numb nut can't understand is living beings can be different sizes in 1:18 but man made objects can't.

I don't care if you can't see a bolt at 1/18, I noticed the gigantic gun long before noticing detail, which is not scale.

I didn't even realize that the FOS stock is retracted.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
I've thought as much at times. Seems like the mods have their own agendas for the most part. Like front-paging a friends custom, for example.

Bingo! I just kept 2 or 3 albums. They would've done the same to me if I tried to post dios in an actual thread.

Riotheory

Enlisted
Jun 26, 2012
Wasatch Front, UT
That thread is a nightmare. I vowed not to get sucked in; then I broke my vow; then I broke it again and again. There's something that feels incomplete from walking away from a discussion that ends in delusion, a sense that the guy who had his fingers in his ears and yelled the loudest could possibly be perceived as the voice of reason in a discussion by someone who doesn't know any better and lead them into ignorance without bliss. I've done all I could, but as some of you warned me, all I have to show for it is a numbness between my eyes and a diminished sense of the nobility of mankind.

R.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's alright, I think everyone here has had one of those moments there.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That thread is a nightmare. I vowed not to get sucked in; then I broke my vow; then I broke it again and again. There's something that feels incomplete from walking away from a discussion that ends in delusion, a sense that the guy who had his fingers in his ears and yelled the loudest could possibly be perceived as the voice of reason in a discussion by someone who doesn't know any better and lead them into ignorance without bliss. I've done all I could, but as some of you warned me, all I have to show for it is a numbness between my eyes and a diminished sense of the nobility of mankind.

R.

In medieval times and in the Old West, they just stabbed or shot that guy. Argument won!

Welcome aboard, btw!

Riotheory

Enlisted
Jun 26, 2012
Wasatch Front, UT
I've been on once or twice before to check out the dioramas and such, but with the way that other place has been lately, I thought I'd look a little deeper. I like the way it feels here; not that it's overly serious, but there's less senseless jackassery. I'm excited to be on board; thanks for the welcome.

R.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I just think that thread was a little too full of "white knight" nonsense.

They were treating Marauder Inc like they were some mouthy woman that just got slapped and they just had to run to the rescue.