Marvel Infinite 2015

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yup. Between the drop off of articulation of MU/MI, the rising retail cost per figure ($13-$14?! :lmao:) and JOE being pretty much an obscenely expensive online or con exclusive, I really, genuinely don't care if they ever make another figure. If they do, cool. I may, begrudgingly pick one up. But honestly, I'd actually prefer both lines just be completely discontinued. That's how little I care.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Who, Mattel? Jaks? Bandai? Nobody has the ability to produce quality 4" figures like Hasbro. And Big-H simply refuses to do so, and instead favors higher-margin, poorly designed movie crap.

Hell yes, Bandai. Or Hiya, doing the Alien figures, or even Toy Notch with the Lost Planet figures.

There are a shit-ton of companies that can/could replicate the peak of Hasbro's quality, and Bandai Japan could actually afford the Marvel license. In truth, the problem isn't with Hasbro, but with WalMart and their need to push shit at the lowest possible price regardless of the damage that does to both the market and the consumer. The plain fact is that the mold costs of recent years have pushed quality 18th figures into a small-profit niche that's beneath Hasbro's line of worthwhile profitability. Bandaid owns more factories and works in a smaller market, so they can have a factory focus on high-end items that are what us guys really want.

The sooner Hasbro sees that we won't settle for crap, the sooner they'll sub-let the licenses to companies small enough to profit off our market.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
People seem to be settling for crap. Those Age of Ultron 4" 5POA figures are selling really well in my area! I bought the wave 2 case off EE,because by the time I get to the pegs there wiped out with only a few iron men,and iron legions hanging...nothing at all&awaiting for a restock,or any stock at all,to coming back 3 days later,and there's just scraps...I was lucky enough to get a second scarlett witch,and ultron 2.0 to open in a trade here! If it wasn't for that,I'd be ass out!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Lame.. thankfully it's resulted in me kicking the figure habit.

If they come out with decent figures for GI JOE III.. maybe.. but not like before (Ordering them by the CASE load.. sigh)

Oh yeah, the idea of buying multiple cases of every wave seems absurd. Yet not so long ago, it was the norm, a given.

I'm not sure if I miss those days or if I'm glad they are over. Large boxes of unopened RoC toys tell me that the overbuying is best left in 2009.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Aside from Gung-Ho, and maybe a Marauder figure to sate my curiosity, it's probably gonna be a LEGO Summer and Autumn for me.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, G-H makes the cut. V2 SS...maybe. At one point I wanted a GOOD version of him in a bad way, but looking at the one I've made myself, I'm not sure I need to bother with the official one. I think there was one other I was considering, but I can't recall who. That should tell me something.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gung-Ho.... and I'll be tempted to get an IDW Chuckles just for the novelty of it, but I need another AWE striker like I need a hole in the head.

But unlike Vulture, those guys will not have "emerging market" articulation.

Truth.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
The white arms with the labcoat would have been very useful for a wide release. How is are there still no white long sleeve arms besides the bondage straps Rex arms?

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Ooh, yet again the MU team put their entire year's worth of effort into the one product they deliberately prevent the majority of customers from obtaining. Hasbro are some straight-up psychotic dicks.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's in the comicon pricing vortex.

Imagine if the merchants at the airport suddenly thought everything they sold was "collectible", then you might be able put yourself in the comicon pricing mindframe. It's delusional to most, but effective on the LCDs.

:lmao:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Marvel's full-frontal assault to wipe the X-Men from existence in order to spite Fox is in full swing at Hasbro SDCC. Not a single X-Men related character in the new 4" offerings, despite some top-tier characters still yet to be made in the seven years of MU/MI, but we get a full swath of D-list avengers villains that no one has heard from since the Carter administration. Thanks Marvel.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Who's the guy in the gimp mask and grey trousers? I don't recognize any of the others (though blue-skinned shark fin-dude is vaguely familiar), but he has potential.

I kind of don't feel bad about the lame MU line up. Mo' money for better stuff elsewhere, I guess.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ah, I thought he had a Spider Man feel to him, but looked too cool to be a SM character. Definitely explains the hinged wrists that are now the exception to the rule on these things

Last edited:

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
He's one of the few shown that I'm really excited for. The Chick Thor being the other.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hmm, name doesn't ring any bells. Chick Thor, eh, maybe there's some fodder use there.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I consider myself a "marvel guy" and I have no clue about the green-finned guy, the red/blue finned guy, or bearded hulk-looking dude. Or Dr Manhattan with a Cap shield. Yet we still don't have Polaris, Rachel Summers, blue Shadowcat, Domino, x-factor Beast, Meggan, Dazzler, or a single solitary New Mutant. Cannonball? Dani Moonstar? Magik? Rahne? Doug? Warlock? Or how about some X-villains like Reavers, Marauders, Hellfire Club members or Hellfire troop-builders! Toad? Blob? Pyro? Brotherhood of Evil Mutants? Freedom Force? The list of X-Men characters better than fin-head and Iron Man v63 is staggering!

I know marvel has a hard-on to piss in Fox's X-Men/FF cornflakes, but it's criminal how they think they can trot out characters that haven't been seen since the original OHOTMU was printed in 1982 and we'll snatch them up.

Anything I buy at this point is for fodder to make characters I really want, not the nobodies they are trying to artificially make relevant just because they got drunk and sold the movie rights to the best characters in their arsenal.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I consider myself a "marvel guy" and I have no clue about the green-finned guy, the red/blue finned guy, or bearded hulk-looking dude. Or Dr Manhattan with a Cap shield. Yet we still don't have Polaris, Rachel Summers, blue Shadowcat, Domino, x-factor Beast, Meggan, Dazzler, or a single solitary New Mutant. Cannonball? Dani Moonstar? Magik? Rahne? Doug? Warlock? Or how about some X-villains like Reavers, Marauders, Hellfire Club members or Hellfire troop-builders! Toad? Blob? Pyro? Brotherhood of Evil Mutants? Freedom Force? The list of X-Men characters better than fin-head and Iron Man v63 is staggering!

I know marvel has a hard-on to piss in Fox's X-Men/FF cornflakes, but it's criminal how they think they can trot out characters that haven't been seen since the original OHOTMU was printed in 1982 and we'll snatch them up.

Anything I buy at this point is for fodder to make characters I really want, not the nobodies they are trying to artificially make relevant just because they got drunk and sold the movie rights to the best characters in their arsenal.

Boomer, Arcade, Sat-Yr-9. :D

Have we gotten an 1:18 Onslaught in either form yet? Shit, Red Onslaught makes more sense than some of those figures.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Boomer, Arcade, Sat-Yr-9. :D

Have we gotten an 1:18 Onslaught in either form yet? Shit, Red Onslaught makes more sense than some of those figures.

All three of those! If you're going to make Sat-Yr-9, you might as well make the Crazy Gang and some War Wolves ;)

And Onslaught in some form would be great.

But as we know, making a Sat-Yr-9 figure would significantly boost interest in the next X-Men movie that no one was going to see otherwise, and we can't have that!

Now that you got me thinking about it.... while not something that would ever happen in the WM, no-playset era.... I think the best thing ever would be an X-Men line where instead of a BAF piece, each figure came with a modular chunk of playset that could all be hooked together to make Arcade's Funhouse.

But alas, we get Savage Dragon's retarded cousin instead.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mojo II. And an Acolytes box set.

We can't even get proper articulation at the price point they're at now, no way we would get modular play sets, though I dig the idea of Arcade's funhouse.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't care what figs they make as long as they keep de-articulating them AND jacking up the price at the same time. :talktothehand:

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Quite a bit of stuff shown that I'll be getting, for once. Captain Marvel, Vance Astro, Lady Thor, Spider-Man Noir, maybe Machine Man.

I wish the Misty Knight was 4".