On the Workbench

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011

Just blind master rocking his ARAH comic hat. Also photographed is the Henley torso. I'm seeking assistance in getting a print that doesn't droop the tooling, creating the gaps

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I like that henley torso! It's almost exclusively my daily attire with something over it or under it, weather dependent.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
That Venom Snake head is fantastic.

I haven't seen him do anything that wasn't fantastic! just wow!

Rider gave me a Dart Talon figure,and I made some molds...tested them out,and some newer material that's super flexible I bought,and never tried before giving up on the hobby,..I sent him a bunch of figures for Christmas,and he sent me Talon out of the blue! Nice! And a hand drawing which is really neat!

The tunic thing is super flexible,almost cloth flexible! kinda neat! If it wasn't sitting up on stuff it would drape to the table..the original is very rigid! I actually had fun casting!! Crazy:trollface:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I can!! I bought two things at the same time this month,and that's it!! That's really good for me,since I usually buy a couple things a day!:trollface:

Rider

Au Soleil !
Jul 30, 2015
Marseille
cobra.4umer.com
Cool !
Nice to see that you still have something on your workbench !

I like the color better here ! But that belt in the belly still bothers me somehow ^^

(And thanks again dear Santa ! ^^)

Last edited:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I'm trying,but failing it seems. Once I get time to actually start listening on eBay I think once stuff starts selling it'll get easier to let go.

Cool !
Nice to see that you still have something on your workbench !

I like the color better here ! But that belt in the belly still bothers me somehow ^^

(And thanks again dear Santa ! ^^)

Idk why. It looks fine to me. My shrunken Spider Gwen lower torso fits that upper perfectly tho,so more then likely I'll go that route. I ordered that other SW figure on eBay today to hopefully get the joints I need...hopefully they're the same.

No,thank you btw. I seriously didn't expect anything in return! I'm actually going to frame your note btw. The drawing is pretty cool,and has personally.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
My first 1:12 kitbash! :trollface:

I was outside talking to the wife,and started making shit! I got sooooo many ideas off just fiddling with my 1:12 fodder! I kinda wish I'd brought it with me to mess with it even more! I'm 100% positive I can cast in that exact color flesh too! I ordered a figure I skipped on eBay last night to bash in more parts,possibly cast a few pieces. The way that hasbro paints some flesh,and other parts are cast in flesh irritates the shit outta me!

I was surprised to see that those lower legs&feet off of enchantress are the same as my Puck wave Emma frost! I plan to cast a full size head&upper torso of my Emma,so I can put her on eBay! Her value has jumped over $100,and I have a feeling she'll get a rerelease/new version soon! Time to sell her while the getting is good! lol.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Are there any female arms with double elbows and bicep swivel? I mean, if you're casting anyway, may as well add in superior articulation while you're at it.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I didn't plan on going that far. Probably just redoing the torso,and possibly some upper legs.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Does anybody happen to have Retaliation Cobra Trooper's helmet and one of the gas mask head Acid Rain figures? Will that helmet fit on the noggin, or is it too roomy?

This helmet (or the black Convention Para-Drop variant):

on this head:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I wondered the same myself. Someone said he had some stuff to deal with and hasn't been seen since.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I couldn't tell you, did they copy any other accessories from the original figures to be used with any of the 25th and up figures?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The litter's aren't the same. There are sculpted pouches on the underside of 25th Doc's.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I've been working on this for what seems like months. It's a sci-fi "tractor" inspired by the Jordan family tractor seen in the special edition of ALIENS. This is for my ALIENS universe that started with my Colonial Marine squad and WY corporate mercenaries. I've actually added a lot more than seen here, these photos are about a month or two old. Started with a Chap Mei rocket hauler front-end, added some electrical boxes on the back, molded and cast the wheels so that I could have eight in all and built the suspension out of ROBOTIX parts.

Attachments

• v1.jpg
    v1.jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 9
  • v2.jpg
    v2.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 11
  • v3.jpg
    v3.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 12
  • v4.jpg
    v4.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 10

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
More work done, got a unifying coat of paint on all of it which helps make it not look so weird. Detailed the interior a bit, still lots to do. I know the overall color looks garish, but I looked at photos of both farm and industrial vehicles and they all are some sort of bright and/or outstanding color. Green, yellow (like Caterpillar vehicles) orange, etc. I already have a few CAT yellow vehicles, and I didn't want to do red as that's more like an emergency vehicle color. While in the hardware store, this one kind of jumped out at me. I'm thinking I might try and get an acrylic that's a shade or two lighter and use that to weather this base coat to make it look weathered and worn...like it's been faded by exposure.

Attachments

• v1.jpg
    v1.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 3
  • v2.jpg
    v2.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 4
  • v3.jpg
    v3.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
  • v4.jpg
    v4.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
  • v5.jpg
    v5.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • v6.jpg
    v6.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
  • v7.jpg
    v7.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
  • v8.jpg
    v8.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: pcsguy88

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Why didn't you want to go with the green of the vehicle in the photo? Not that there's anything wrong with the color you choose.