Underground Base (wip)

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:Hello fellow fighters...it's been awhile since I've shown you guy's something. I've been working on new MRAP's and a project for KTiger.
When I run out of supplies and can't get any for a time, I work on this project. Again I don't know what the hell I'm doing so I just wing it. This project has cost me a bit though as HD styrofoam is expensive and I have use a bit and I need more.
What you are about to see is only the beggining as this will eventually take the whole garage exept my workspace, (I'm trying to encorperate the two together). The little dudes sure like it, (my son's I mean).
I watched every youtube video about carving and painting foam rock and what tools to use, colors on the rock, and general techniques for this.
The next phase will be to add plants and trees and the background. I will probably make a mate painting background and buy a few yards of green screen material for shots. The underground will have 3 more floors for Baracks, Armory, and Comm's center will be added in time.
I'm sorry I didn't take shots at the very beggining as I didn't know where it was going. I did eventually start though. Here are some pics of the 'Underground Base'

More to come....:wave:

Last edited:

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
That is fantastic!! I have a similar idea for my workspace...we will have to talk because I want to giant mountain in the middle of mine and I will need to do some similar rock work! :D

Cannot wait to see more!

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
This is crazy good. Will it be a permanent addition to, what I think is your garage?

Yes and no, the shelf's go all the way around my room,(exept the garage door of course), and I will only use the space that won't take up too much workspace room. The rest of the base will be underneath the first sub floor. Three more floors at 2'x4'.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
That is fantastic!! I have a similar idea for my workspace...we will have to talk because I want to giant mountain in the middle of mine and I will need to do some similar rock work! :D

Cannot wait to see more!

It's surprisingly simple, but time consuming. I have a few suggestions like the foamboard...its expensive. A 4'x8' sheet of 3" HD white foam with the little pellets is $20. (Do not use the regular white foamboard as it just flakes into little tiny balls). But the blue and pink stuff is REALY expensive. A 1.5" 2'x8' blue SM foamboard is $24. I got the yard dude to break it and give me a discount so I only paid $12. The 3/4" 2'x8' pink was $18. You could easilly spend $100's on foam. FUUUUCCCKK this shit isn't cheap.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Looks awesome. Find friends in construction and raid their dumpsters when they use the pink or blue foam. My cousin is in construction and he always saves me the stuff. I have about 10 sheets in the garage, lol.

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
Holy sh... this is f'n awesome.

Two questions... 1. What are you using to make the buildings, what is the material?

And

2. Don't mean to be personal, so feel free to ignore this but how have you persuaded your other half to convert the garage into an awesome dio set?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Holy sh... this is f'n awesome.

Two questions... 1. What are you using to make the buildings, what is the material?

1/2" (1.27cm) Owens-Corning Fomular insulation panels. Any high-density foam should do.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
1/2" (1.27cm) Owens-Corning Fomular insulation panels. Any high-density foam should do.

What KT said.:thumbsup:

My Garage is my own space...she get's the rest of the house. If I need to repair anything on the van I work on it outside as the weather is mild here. Yep she bitches about the whole scenario...I just remind her about her shoe collection. Nuff said.

Last edited:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Yes!...full size office buildings!...you plan to leave them intact or a little destroyed?

I want them kinda hollowed out, a little destroyed, weathered, rag tag kinda, lot's of room for close, high levels, room to room, street to street, even long high shot's from the 5 story's roof to the ground across the block. Long lines btween buildings and across the street. I'm implementing lights for night time raids...(thinkin Somolia mabey, Bosnia kinda looking).

Room to room and floor to floor cq fights.

Street to street combat (there are 3 of them)

the bridge and first street

Night fighting...

Theater and alley

Thanks for looking fighter's, there is alot of potential for some cool pics'. I got some Marvel dude's ummm...green Hulk, red Hulk, Punisher, and Captain America. They might be in a couple a fun shot's. I could use alot of advice on details that I can include...mmm...for example I'm thinking a above the ground tram comming out of the two back alleys. I don't want to be too TOO detailed cause I know a guy could go nut's for a looooong time with this.
Anyway thanks again for looking.

PS Don't forget those tickets guy's. If you don't play, you can't win.:wave:

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
this is so very similar to something I have dreamed about making... WOW!

Are you using a router to make the radius on the curbs?

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
My Garage is my own space...she get's the rest of the house. If I need to repair anything on the van I work on it outside as the weather is mild here. Yep she bitches about the whole scenario...I just remind her about her shoe collection. Nuff said.

I like the way you roll.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I've long wanted to make a crushed recess in cement like a superhero landed in it...the cement would be raised on the edges and caved in in the center...

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
I'll be searching my island after xmas for some of this foam as what you've created is incredible. I look forward to seeing more of this as I will use it as a tute for mine.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave::wave:Hello fellow fighters...making greenery for the....umm green part of the dio....you know what I mean.

Bought at the local Dollar store...

I cut them into sections of varied lengths...

I glue them to each other in clumps large, medium, small, and install them.

First the tall ones

Then the medium and small

updating....stay tuned for more:wave: