Vortious Custom Cast Accessories

Taliax

Enlisted
Nov 1, 2014
No damage would be done, and heads are really easy to cast.

Thanks, I'm going to send you out the head with a return label included.
Is the Walker address in MD still good?

Also sucks about the car..Is it a Dodge Ram by any chance? I know some Chysler people that have that problem that you described.

Last edited:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Yes the Walker St address is good

And yes it is a Ram 1500. What was the issue with the other ones? Please don't say the head gasket. The dang truck isn't even paid off yet, and still runs like new, but I am a bit worried about the possible problems it's going to start having now that it's 10 yrs old.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
This week I'm going to run a tried, and true special. Freebie Friday EVERYDAY. So for every $10 you spend you get a free head worth $5 or less.

Also I'd like to thank the moderators for pinning my thread to the top.

Taliax

Enlisted
Nov 1, 2014
Will you still do a promotion on this Friday similar to what you did on the 2nd and have a $10 free item for every $30 that you spend?

Also the the female arms, can you send them disassembled like your store pic?
http://s.ecrater.com/stores/248318/53849f67aad16_248318n.jpg

Also I'm not sure about the head gasket on your truck but if you are mechanically inclined, they are easy to replace yourself, I did have to help a friend do it on a dodge once. The hardest part was the timing belt alignment. You have to mark on the cam gears where the belt was lined up exactly or your motor will misfire like a rally car.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Will you still do a promotion on this Friday similar to what you did on the 2nd and have a $10 free item for every $30 that you spend?

Also the the female arms, can you send them disassembled like your store pic?
http://s.ecrater.com/stores/248318/53849f67aad16_248318n.jpg

Also I'm not sure about the head gasket on your truck but if you are mechanically inclined, they are easy to replace yourself, I did have to help a friend do it on a dodge once. The hardest part was the timing belt alignment. You have to mark on the cam gears where the belt was lined up exactly or your motor will misfire like a rally car.

The promotion for the $10 of free items for every $30 was last week. This week is Freebie Friday everyday.

I can send the arms not pressed together, you'll just have to soak the shoulders/upper arms in hot water to be able to press the elbow joint in there.

Me personally? No I'm not very mechanically inclined, but my little brother, and my dad are. The only reason why they said that it was probably my head gasket is because there was water dripping from the tail pipe, and the radiator fluid running low. However it had also been raining heavily for several days, AND I had noticed the dripping a while back, and asked them about it, but they said it was just condensation. Also I had recently had my heater core under the dash replaced (which my dad said probably allowed a bit of antifreeze to escape), and if they didn't refill the radiator, and just filled the over flow reservoir then that would explain the lack of antifreeze. Thanks for the info on the timing belt.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys don't forget that it's 3XL Thursday so for every $30 you spend you get your choice of up to 3 free items of up to $10 each for free PLUS w/ the Freebie Friday everyday promotion you get your choice of up to 3 free heads of up to $5 each for free.

I'm on schedule to finish up the orders for WE 11-22 by bed time tonight, and then I'll be working on WE 11-29 starting tomorrow, and should hopefully be finishing it up by mid to end of next week.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys it's DOUBLE FREEBIE FRIDAY again, so grab up your choice of 2 free $5 or less heads for every $10 you spend.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
All, but 3 orders for WE 11-22 went out today, 2 of those will go out tomorrow w/ the last one being a special order that I'm working on some new items for that will be in the store very soon. So now I'm sorting the orders for WE 11-29, and I'll be starting on those tonight.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Woowhooo!! I ordered 11/29:D please don't forget the IJ to Joe hip hip thingy majiggy!

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Woowhooo!! I ordered 11/29:D please don't forget the IJ to Joe hip hip thingy majiggy!

Sorry Ken, but you ordered in WE 12-6. At least WE 11-29 is only 4 pages like WE 11-22 was. Should be a snap. Then December's weeks were all pretty small, as have the weeks so far this month So I should be pretty much up to date by the end of this month/middle of next month.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I couldn't sworn I ordered late November:( crap! lol. My plate is full anyways with other figures,that's about when I'll be done with what Im working on already anyways..

Thanks for the updates tho!

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
CO999 I'm working on the orders for WE 11-29 right now, so it shouldn't be too much longer before you get your order. For more specifics get w/ me in either a pm, or email w/ your real world name, and the date you ordered so I can look up the invoice list for the week in which you ordered to try to give you a more definitive time line.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Well guys while I was making a bunch of replacement molds over the last few weeks I was able get allot of new item molds made as well. I've also recently been able to pull out some molds that hadn't worked so well for me before due to the materials I had up until recently not being able to take a little extra stretch stress. So as I've made first copies of these items during regular product runs over the last few weeks I just kept putting them in a cup on the workbench. So I spent most of today putting these FIFTY great new items in the store. One of which I think ALLOT of you might be VERY interested in:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I have the last couple of orders from WE 11-22, and the first 4 orders for WE 11-29 ready to go out right now. My dad will get them out when he comes over tomorrow. He probably just didn't come over today because of the freezing rain.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Better watch out; Some dickhead might get mad that you're casting that cold weather vest. I think he shit all over his keyboard when he found out Jesse was casting it. lol

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Better watch out; Some dickhead might get mad that you're casting that cold weather vest. I think he shit all over his keyboard when he found out Jesse was casting it. lol

Who exactly are you speaking of? I had heard that Jesse has had this coat at one point or another, and I did hear that one other caster had charged extraordinarily high prices for it in the past due to it being "rare". I really don't look around on other sites when guys send me stuff that is obviously not a cast piece. If it's been made available through the big guys either as a main stream store release, OR as an exclusive to an event, or subscription service then as far as I'm concerned it's fair game. THE ONLY things that I feel each caster has the rights to exclusivity of are those custom sculpts that they, or one of their friends whom supply them with sculpted/modded parts to cast custom made. IF I have some one sculpt something, or shrink something for me, then that's mine/theirs. Now IF they decided to send it to another caster after they send it to me well that's another thing as it's their original piece to do with as they please.

So whomever you're talking about can fuss, and fume if they like. A good friend of mine sent it to me, and mentioned how rare it was, so I made a mold of it, made a copy for him, and put it into my store.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Begins with an A, ends with an A, and has a Y in there. There's probably an L as well. And I wasn't hounding ya over it. I'm glad to see more people with it. Just giving you 'warning' that that person may have a conniption over it and try and sue you or something. He does like to threaten legal action for the stupidest shit, after all. LOL

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Begins with an A, ends with an A, and has a Y in there. There's probably an L as well. And I wasn't hounding ya over it. I'm glad to see more people with it. Just giving you 'warning' that that person may have a conniption over it and try and sue you or something. He does like to threaten legal action for the stupidest shit, after all. LOL

Suing someone who owns nothing (seriously I rent my truck, and my house from my dad), and just went through bankruptcy last year doesn't usually yield a good return.:trollface:

He couldn't sue me for the coat anyway. He never owned rights to it. The ONLY people who could is Hasbro, and I'm far too small potatoes right now for them to even glance at.

Speaking of glance I just glanced over at the smilies, and I still get a kick out of the soldier shooting the rainbow guy in the nads. :lmao:

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Yep, and back to ignoring people who've ordered from him 6 or more months ago!

That is ridiculous. I might be 6 weeks behind, but whenever I get an email, or pm I answer it. It's FAR easier to answer an email, or pm than it is to put out a flame fest started by one disgruntled customer. Allot of the time the ones joining in aren't even correct about their complaints. It just happened to me the other day on FB. A guy complained that it had been 3 months since he ordered, but in truth it had only been 6 weeks, and a guy chimed in in agreement about his order taking 3 months, so I contacted him about the fact that his order had only taken just over a month, he looked back over his records, realized that he too was incorrect, and he changed his post.

CaliViper

Enlisted
Oct 22, 2014
That is ridiculous. I might be 6 weeks behind, but whenever I get an email, or pm I answer it. It's FAR easier to answer an email, or pm than it is to put out a flame fest started by one disgruntled customer. Allot of the time the ones joining in aren't even correct about their complaints. It just happened to me the other day on FB. A guy complained that it had been 3 months since he ordered, but in truth it had only been 6 weeks, and a guy chimed in in agreement about his order taking 3 months, so I contacted him about the fact that his order had only taken just over a month, he looked back over his records, realized that he too was incorrect, and he changed his post.

People just love your stuff and can't wait. LOL

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
People just love your stuff and can't wait. LOL

And believe me I can't wait to see what you guys do with it once it's in your hands. That's my favorite part of this. Seeing what works of art you guys create w/ the parts I supply.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys don't forget that it's 3XL Thursday so for every order of $30 or more you get your choice of up to 3 free items of up to $10 each for free PLUS w/ the Freebie Friday everyday promotion you get your choice of up to 3 free heads of up to $5 each for free.

I've gotten 8 of the 20 orders for WE 11-29 done, and I'm currently on schedule to have the rest of those done before I go to bed on Saturday. I only have 3 more sets of joints to make, and those need about a day, or 2 to shore up before I can put them in the molds for the other parts, and then I have to make the last few runs of soft, and clear today, so I'll start putting the arms and legs that I made the joints for yesterday in tomorrow, and then the ones I make the joints for today will go in on Saturday

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
Ewww, 200x He-Man.

It's the same as the new DC He-man's look, and I'll be honest I never really liked the bowl cut look for him. I mean the guy is supposed to be a barbarian like warrior, not some goodie two shoes little boy scout from the 80's.

You'll notice though that I went with the classic looking armor

As for the sword Foggy that is the 6" scale sword, but I never understood why He-man would have a sword that was as small as the original one was. It fits in his hands nicely. I do have a shrunken one coming from a friend of mine, so if I like that one better I'll just switch it out.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't like the pageboy either, but there's got to be something better than that ^^^

Do a good movie Conan head and I could see myself doing a night raid Conan from that kit, though.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Very nice V. It inspires me to get my ass in gear.

I have a ton of Trigate/SDS/AF parts they made for MOTU, and I have quite a few characters planned in the ever-growing queue. Even though He-Man is supposed to be super-strong, I never picture him as huge as the Herc buck. I imagine He-Man buff like Superman, not as much Ah-Nold with roided-up ripples. Same with skeletor, as he always had muscles, but I never pictured him as a huge beast of a guy. Maybe it's just my own preconceptions getting in the way. Still, I think it's awesome that MOTU is getting some casting/custom love. Bravo.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
I don't like the pageboy either, but there's got to be something better than that ^^^

Do a good movie Conan head and I could see myself doing a night raid Conan from that kit, though.

Would a Doc Sampson head w/ black hair work?

The ONLY thing on that figure based on the 200X version is the head, but that's mainly because I happened to have it, AND I had tried sculpting the hair a few times, and just wasn't happy w/ the results.

You've GOTTA love the Skeletor armor though right? That was what got me started on these. I had an order back in November, and he told me what he wanted to do with what he was ordering, and I just HAD to help to the fullest that I could. Besides I had wanted to do these 2 for a LONG while.

Very nice V. It inspires me to get my ass in gear.

I have a ton of Trigate/SDS/AF parts they made for MOTU, and I have quite a few characters planned in the ever-growing queue. Even though He-Man is supposed to be super-strong, I never picture him as huge as the Herc buck. I imagine He-Man buff like Superman, not as much Ah-Nold with roided-up ripples. Same with skeletor, as he always had muscles, but I never pictured him as a huge beast of a guy. Maybe it's just my own preconceptions getting in the way. Still, I think it's awesome that MOTU is getting some casting/custom love. Bravo.

Thanks, that sounds like the 90's He-man show's version. Not saying that's a bad thing though that show was pretty good though the premise was REALLY odd. The 80's figures were 5" tall, and their armor is so big the only 5" tall figures in the MU line they'll fit on are Juggy/Hulk molds. The Herc buck SWIMS in them. Which is why I modded the Hawkman harness for these, and BOY was that a fun project. I have some ideas for a few of the other He-man characters. Including Man at Arms (Colossus parts), Beast Man/Moss Man (SHSD Beast in orange/green w/ armor bits added), Ram Man (Juggy maybe), and I might copy the McDonalds Battle Cat, and Panthor.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You've GOTTA love the Skeletor armor though right? That was what got me started on these. I had an order back in November, and he told me what he wanted to do with what he was ordering, and I just HAD to help to the fullest that I could. Besides I had wanted to do these 2 for a LONG while.

My issue with Skeletor is that the head looks small tucked under that large hood on that big ol' buck.

Vortious

Officer II
Feb 13, 2013
My issue with Skeletor is that the head looks small tucked under that large hood on that big ol' buck.

I tried a smaller hood, but it was too small especially in the back where the skull was showing. The WiP shot w/ the He-man WiP shows just how big that skull really is though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I tried a smaller hood, but it was too small especially in the back where the skull was showing. The WiP shot w/ the He-man WiP shows just how big that skull really is though.

Not helping your case. :trollface: