G.I. Kre-O, Kre-O, MegaBloks CoD and LEGO discussions

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
These sets look really cool and I would have loved them at an earlier time. But now I just don't have the time or room.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Oh good gawd!...please, no dont let that happen!...it would be impossibly cool...is there a one of us here that could pass that up?!...

Last edited:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
If my kids played with the Legos I bought them already, then these would be an easy purchase for me...as is, I have two harry potter castles and a pirates set in my basement that aren't opened because they don't play with the sets they have.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hogwarts Express Shootout with a platoon of those fully-masked Cobra troopers would make even I consider buying these.

Still want to see them with the Erector King Raven. Looks far better than any of the planned Joe vehicles.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Awww, pic noo show :(

Blame fucking tinypic. I had to hotlink so it's probably axed.

Dunno why TP gives me such shit on gifs these days.

EDIT:

Fix-ed with a small version.

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
That was my sentiment exactly (see earlier in this thread). Since then, my son (who is soon to turn six) has really developed a love for legos, and I don't think I can resist trying to nudge him toward liking joes via these building sets. The opportunity is right there.

And if he hates them, I'll make tiny custom vintage-looking cardbacks with yoda-sized blisters and make something unique ;)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That was my sentiment exactly (see earlier in this thread). Since then, my son (who is soon to turn six) has really developed a love for legos, and I don't think I can resist trying to nudge him toward liking joes via these building sets. The opportunity is right there.

And if he hates them, I'll make tiny custom vintage-looking cardbacks with yoda-sized blisters and make something unique ;)

Like a said earlier in the thread, if that happened, I'd HAVE to 'collect them all!"

C'mon!...how adorable is that Order?

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I think it's weird that they're making them all old fashioned ARAH. Wouldn't it have been more financially sound to make them based on the Retaliation movie?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Not really if you consider how well the Battleship movie-tie-in Kre-O sets performed. That was an epic trainwreck. They didn't even make it to the lego isle, just straight to clearance where they gathered dust.

Honestly, I would not even blink at these if they were based on the movies. The only hope of selling me Joe legos is to have them brimming with nostalgia. I get excited about a tiny Clutch. I wouldn't give two tiny lego turds about a Kre-O Tatum.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Again, if they were classily carded, theres not a one of us who could resist, cept maybe KT :D

The only way you'd tempt me to buy these is a dio of a dozen of those little fucking Cobra troopers charging out of one of those Lego CH-47s.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I'm unclear on something. When we saw these back at SDCC, I don't recall them being TRU exclusives. Are they the only one carrying Joe Kre-O? Come to think of it, Target and WM in my area have all stopped carrying any Kre-O or any kind. All the TF and Battleship stuff got clearanced, never to return. It would be kind of a shame if these little figs were TRU only forever and always.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Looks cool.. one of my sons is getting into Lego's now, so this could be fun.

Are KRE-O (Gay ass faggoty name if I've ever heard one) compatible with Lego parts?

according to people on HT... they are. Take that for what it's worth.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yeah, but kre-o and Lego are small...they can manage small no problem...still takes oth hands, but it's doable nonetheless

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Not really if you consider how well the Battleship movie-tie-in Kre-O sets performed. That was an epic trainwreck. They didn't even make it to the lego isle, just straight to clearance where they gathered dust.

Honestly, I would not even blink at these if they were based on the movies. The only hope of selling me Joe legos is to have them brimming with nostalgia. I get excited about a tiny Clutch. I wouldn't give two tiny lego turds about a Kre-O Tatum.

Yeah, it's financially sound if collectors are the only market, but I can only imagine how confused kids are going to be when they see Law and Order or Clutch.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, it's financially sound if collectors are the only market, but I can only imagine how confused kids are going to be when they see Law and Order or Clutch.

Not really. There is a snake eyes, storm shadow, flint, jinx, duke, etc. There are plenty of characters for movie fans to recognize even if the deco isn't 100% movie accurate.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
We just ordered the sets, my son is psyched! I thought there was a Tac platform and Moray also? Hopefully we can get the figures in stores.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I may end up getting all of these...now some of the battleship stuff looks good too. :D