Tria

Enlisted
Sep 20, 2012

does this set exist?? name please! :D

thanks!

Tria

Enlisted
Sep 20, 2012
thank you very much for the fast respond! I didnt know anything about this brand. it looks interesting. I thought it was a mega block set because of the look of the minifigs.

when you say clearance what do you mean? price? :D

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
ok biscuits. I got my order in and, well, wasn't happy with my turnout. I did get a near complete set. Thus I need some to fill my holes.

I NEED

85 Ripper

I WANT more of

86 Eels

I HAVE extra of

1x - 78 Land Adventurer
3x - 79 Mutt & Junkyard
1x - 80 Flash
5x - 81 Tunnel Rat
2x - 83 Blowtorch
1x - Major Bludd

I ordered a case worth, and it appears they just grabbed 24 random packs from a pile since I didn't get a complete set, which a sealed case will yield. I also believe there are mutables of the troop builders yet I only got 1 of each Eels and BATs.

I will be willing to trade any of the ones I have for the ones I need/want, or will sell them at cost of $3.50 + shipping.

I know many people want Eels, but I do need Ripper as it's one I didn't get.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Are these faggot toys coded? I know my area TrU has them, and I'll sho'nuff grab some if I find specifics.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
Are these faggot toys coded? I know my area TrU has them, and I'll sho'nuff grab some if I find specifics.

yes, on the back side, right hand side, there are some black numbers. Easy to see and read. the last 2 numbers, which are spaced away a little, are all you need to know. All the codes are:

31831 58-BAT
31831 78-Land Adventurer
31831 79-Mutt & Junkyard
31831 80-Flash
31831 81-Tunnel Rat
31831 82-Snow Job
31831 83-Blowtorch
31831 84-Slice
31831 85-Ripper
31831 86-Eels
31831 87-Mindbender
31831 88-Bludd

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*writes down the relevant numbers*

I probably won't get out there before the end of next week, so if you get your Ripper and/or fill of Eels let me know. :)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I know mine didn't have any Eels or BATs, but I swear they had every other one...if I'm over that way this weekend, I'll check for ya...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Saw the Dojo with HISS tank today. They have a BOGO 40% off sale going, but they only had one. Then my eagle-eyed wife found one on the top shelf behind a bunch of star trek crap. Someone was clearly hiding it to come back later. I enjoyed buying both of them, and putting the star trek crap back the way they had left it. Serves 'em right, cheap bastards.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
I, as well as many others, think that dojo set is a lame set simply cause it's the second dojo set, and it makes no sense to go with the Hiss, Destro and baroness. All that makes it overly expensive. Had they made just a Hiss and those 2 figures with something small for Joes, it would have been a super hot seller.

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
I got the dojo set last week and traded the HISS tank, Destro and Baroness. The dojo looks sick displayed and I think it was really worth it overall

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
I got the dojo set last week and traded the HISS tank, Destro and Baroness. The dojo looks sick displayed and I think it was really worth it overall

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice set, it just doesn't make sense scene wise and money wise. many people want multiple HISS tanks but in an $80 set, it's not gonna happen.

They could have easily split this set into two and made twice as much money. (selling multiple HISS sets would make up the difference)

Now, I am worried about the upcoming terrordrome set that is listed and hope it's not tied up with a crappy sub piece making the price outrageous.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Well, that's why I wanted to find a second, so I could get the 40% off and make the average cost of the sets closer to $60. That seemed more reasonable.

Of course, *reasonable* is a joke in lego-world. The idea that a few hundred plastic bricks that cost about $2 to manufacture would cost anywhere from $30 to $150 is mind-boggling. You can see why Hasbro wanted to play in that sandbox. The margins must be astronomical.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
Well, that's why I wanted to find a second, so I could get the 40% off and make the average cost of the sets closer to $60. That seemed more reasonable.

Of course, *reasonable* is a joke in lego-world. The idea that a few hundred plastic bricks that cost about $2 to manufacture would cost anywhere from $30 to $150 is mind-boggling. You can see why Hasbro wanted to play in that sandbox. The margins must be astronomical.

You know it. And with them owning the Joe license as well as the Kre-O license, they are making bank. Add in the transformers, star trek and the other brands including movie licenses, they are wiping their bums with $100 bills.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
It will be awhile before I get to this next custom (ventriloquist) but does anybody know of a good ganster figure that looks like Scarface from Batman,

Also would it be something I could get (just the figure) at a Lego store?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Someone should really sculpt a little Scarface......

I reckon the Arkham Asylum Scarface is too big for a Joe figure to cart around?

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Thanks I just ordered the head for him from AF, Now to find a body for him. (Need to finish /update 5 other customs first,)
Will order him once I have checked out the local Lego store (save on shipping)