Lack of plans is
!!

Last edited:

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Would love instructions for that and the Chinook....then would need to score 3 more blackhawk though...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Dirty pool, LEGO, dirty fucking pool. This should be in stores across the land, not an SDCC exclusive.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hey Ewok, did you see the updates about series 14 a week-and-a-half or two weeks back? Looks like a list of all sixteen figures (appears Rock 'n Roll Frankenstein got the axe) in Czech and then some pics of new head pieces, including a fly ala Baxter Stockman and a set of gargoyle ears and horns (like the Christmas elf). There was also a shot of the zombie cheerleader's hair piece in auburn, which is a bummer. I liked that pale yellow they initially used.

I'd post links and crap, but I'm stuck on the PS3.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I picked up the Jackal/Elite 2pack just now. It's only my second Jackal and my first nuticulation Elite. The big pile of weapons are always nice, and the new Covenant sto-chests are neat. And I need to find an Elite with green legs to update my Throg figure. Yeah, that needs to happen quick...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Indeed. I think they're keeping the Simpsons packs out longer than they usually do. Much to my chagrin, these are looking like an October release, and I just know they'll be followed up with Simpsons series 3 :whatever:

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
I like the Simpson figs, but I, and everyone else I know that collects them has a full set by the 2nd day they are found.

I buy 10 packs right at first, figure out who i need and then feel up the ones I need on next visit. Simpsons are the easiest to figure out who is who.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'll cop to buying Comic Shop Guy, mostly for the Squishee. I think my beef is that, as mentioned, fatigue from them being around for so long and not needing anything from the series 12 and 13 that are still around some places.

I'm not a Simpsons fan and still managed to end up wth three of these damn minifigures. :wtf:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So what is everybody doing for base plates? I guess what I want to know is what would be the most cost-effective way of doing a large base? Lots of small baseplates put together? Official (expensive!) baseplates or third party? I see this place called Slab Dream Lab does 48"x24" for a C-note before shipping, but if I can build up a baseplate piecemeal for cheaper I'd sure like to.

Edumacate me!

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Target has had the Halo sets on clearance here recently...and I've been a sucker for them for my son. None of the real big ones, mostly the single figure/small vehicle packs. And the blind bag figures. I've been cherry picking the two figure ones though. Two minifigs for $4 isn't too damn bad.

We were sorting Lego's yesterday and I was gathering the Halo guys (and parts...ugh) out and reassembling them as I went. I was happy to get most of what I pulled together. One or two are still MIA, but they'll show up.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I picked up another Covenant 2pack with the Elite & Jackal to replace the Elite I sacrificed to upgrade Throg, and the Promethean Warriors box set. The Prommie dogs and Watcher are nothing new except for a new head and back armor piece for the Alpha doggie, but they're the first ones I've gotten. Unfortunately the Knight Lancer feels outdated from the get-go due to the lack of hindarm swivel. The 'wings' are warped due to being stuffed in the box, but they're soft enough plastic that heating them should work to reform them so the close over the Watcher properly. I've not assembled the big flying shield, which they don't appear to name anywhere; but it looks like it should be cool.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
tried to get the SDCC 3 pack on matty collector.com today for my oldest son...Chief, Locke and arbiter (I think - don't play HALO) was only $20...but sold out in like 7 minutes. :(

Did score 2 of the new COD $6.00 SEAL sets with the little Diver Propulsion Vehicle or a DPV and new SMG for myself. :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Bought the Mega Bloks AC cannon set on clearance, then promptly put it on Metal Beard's right arm.

So......awesome....

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Just have to take my word for it.

Not a bad series. At least it isn't more Simpson's garbage:

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I wouldn't say that. I would say they're intentionally compatible. In some small fashion they make up for all the things LEGO did wrong in the Scooby line.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
At least someone is willing to put up some pics. Heh.

Got a card reader, I'll humor you a bit later. :D

EDIT.

Mea culpa for the shit quality. No sooner do I get the ability to get pics uploaded again do I find the fucking LCD is cracked, so I'm shooting blind. Guess it's time for a new camera?

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hey, anybody still seeing Mixels series 3 in their area? If you are, where?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wow, there's actually one in Austin. Wish I would have known that when the niece was out visiting.

Anyhoo, I'm looking for a Wizwuz, as I want to harvest the octagonal bar frame (the "ship's wheel" as it were) for use in a Powder Monkey for MetalBeard's new arm cannon. I figure if I could find one around here it could yield parts for other things, too.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Grabbed the COD SEAL Delivery Vehicle at Target tonight...had them for $14 because they smashed the entire case...boxes were still sealed so I gladly took $6.00 off. :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Stole it! Wish the vulture drone sets around here would go to a couple of dollars.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Before and afters of the CMF 14 Spectre. I actually wanted to do something in the vein of Stephen Gammell, but didn't have the pens to pull it off, and didn't feel like buying them for a one-off. Still better than LEGO's. Also reamed (heh, heh) out the manacles so they fit over the wrists with the hands in place.