G.I. Kre-O, Kre-O, MegaBloks CoD and LEGO discussions

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I want to buy the Governor's Room at $16 just for the wood floor. The prison sets look incredible compared to that crap one MB put out, but I just do not want to open up a new money sucking wallet ulcer.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Take pics! I'm not huge into the CoD stuff except where it mingles well with the Halo, but I could get down with some MBs hanging in the TWD sets if it doesn't come off too wierd. The Governor's Living Room has a ton of fun display value for all kinds of characters, esp if one reaches back to the MB Marvels a few years back.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
The heads are too small, made of rigid plastic, and they aren't removable. They're basically fragile plastic chess pieces. Complete garbage.

The sets however are cool as hell. A bit more challenging to build than lego or mega, but they do pack the realism. But I toss the figures in the junk bin straight away.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I love Jang sometimes. Most reviewers wouldn't even use the correct classification of the Bradley.

Last edited:

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
It's so damn pretty. A bit fragile on the skirts, but picture perfect. Certainly one of the most complicated set I have ever built and mentally brutal. It's build almost entirely with single stud width plates, so parts are tiny, progress is slow and it's almost like you are 3d printing it. Over 600pcs in it and it's well scaled to the Abrams. I sure hope we get a new abrams in the matching color with a proper inside (and closed turret!) in the future. They look pretty rough together with the Abrams in that OpFor dirt brown.

Attachments

• IMAG0884.jpg
    IMAG0884.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0886.jpg
    IMAG0886.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 8

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
First sighting of the Destiny figures I've seen:
Kal-El said:
Apologies for the quality of these photos and the delay, I couldn't get logged into Photobucket last night.

I'll try to get some more photos up later with the Sparrows and Shanks. A few quick thoughts: the cape on the hunter is crazy thin. The neck hole on mine is ripped, not sure if I did it when taking off the head or if it was already torn. So, be careful! It will still stay on thanks to the rubber scarf or you could even tuck it under the armor. I went cheap and super-glued the ends together. I also couldn't figure out how to get the Warlock to hold his effect piece until after I took pictures. It's easy to get him to hold it, but I didn't see the slit for his hand...it was late and I was tired. Also, on the Warlock, you have to unfasten the shoulder strap on the back in order to attach his Ghost. The strap stays in place, though, but I'll probably display him without the Ghost, anyways. One last thing regarding the humans, they're weapons are awesome. I love the little knife for the hunter, it's pretty detailed for such a tiny piece.

Finally, the Fallen figures are incredible. I want an army of them so much, now. So much detail for such a little figure. All the figures are nicely detailed, really. The humans have cool sculpting under their armor that will most likely never be seen. After CoD, these are my favorite MB figures. I love that they're larger like the CoD figures. I wish MB would've used that style of figure on all of their lines.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
If they use CoD body construction, I'll be elated. I don't care about Halo figures, but the more compatible and varied body parts for customs the better. Current Halo figures suck, with their tiny arms, short torsos, and skinny legs with huge boots. Any transition to more CoD style construction is great news.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This bad motherfucker is happening. Damn Ewok for leaving me alone, LEGO friendless.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I saw that this morning. I'm kinda excited for the Mission Impossible 1 set too.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I bought my son the Portal 2 Dimensions set just because he's very into portal (we don't even own the dimensions game). I had to buy hundreds of grey/white/black 2x2 smooth tiles just so he could design his own "test chambers".

It's my own fault. For his birthday last year, I customized for him a couple dozen figures from Half-Life, as we'd been playing that series again. He's into Valve games and asks me daily when HL3 is coming out. I keep telling him, that's been the #1 question in gaming for a decade...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I pity the fool.

Sadly I have way too much Dimensions already and my daughter and I never play it.

The price is definitely harder to swallow if you don't play the game. I
just want the damn minifigures.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The price is definitely harder to swallow if you don't play the game. I
just want the damn minifigures.

They are always popping up for 50% off between Target, TRU and Amazon. I stock up at the $7.49 price point just to make sure we have access to all the worlds and abilities.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I scored a few for ~$8 and change at Wal-Mart, but they're now holding steady at $11.88 for Fun packs. I've yet to see a good enough deal to get me to spring for Team or Level packs, though there are some I want.

LEGO needs to just get real with the MSRP.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Pictures might help.

Attachments

• IMAG0087.jpg
    IMAG0087.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
  • IMAG0088.jpg
    IMAG0088.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMAG0089.jpg
    IMAG0089.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 7
  • 1466800754345-963535205.jpg
    1466800754345-963535205.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMAG0092.jpg
    IMAG0092.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I'm guessing you don't recognize the Sword-Impaled Earth symbol on the walls as belonging to the Terra Empire, indicating we're looking at Mirror Kirk, Spock, and Random Transportee?