G.I. Kre-O, Kre-O, MegaBloks CoD and LEGO discussions

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Ha, I didn't know we had trekkies in our midst!

Set phasers to "boredom". And there's a reason no man has gone there before... because he heard on good authority that it was f#$%ing lame.

Brick figures.... please say you aren't counting Kreo-Trek as your benchmark, or those weird minimates. Say what you will, there are few things on the planet more awesome than lego R2D2, or the lego death star, or the lego ewok village.

Trekkies, trekkies... spill the beans, how many more of you are there around here? Do we have an infestation?!

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Lego R2 and the last system AT-AT were the 2 kits that made me drop everything else and dive into bricks for the past 2yrs. I was a Lego snob until I built the Mega Bloks Blackhawk. Now I can count $1000 of them on display at any one time and that's with the Hellicarrier hidden under the bed. :shakefist:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Found the series 2 TMNT blind bags. Couldn't find Mike, and I may or may not have been jewed out of a Mouser head piece.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This actually looks pretty slick.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Jokermobile will be mine. I want those Kabuki Twins, so I guess I gotta but the Goddamn Batmobile, too.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I just keep buying MB sets on clearance like a fool, but I've only built about half of them.

Every saturday, my 9-year-old son just wanders into my toy closet, pulls out a new set, and builds something. He doesn't really care about military stuff, but he has the most awesomely random CoD, Halo, Halo-cop, astronaut battles.

Found some halo sets on clearance over the weekend, so hopefully they can integrate into the CoD stuff. I don't give two shakes about Halo or their figures, but the Firebase and the UNSC Countdown look like great HQ set pieces. Can't wait for the Pelican Air Base to get cheap too.

Last edited:

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
That's funny. I've been re-enacting Battle of Los Angeles with COD and Halo Covenant with my sets since they won't sell me and Russian or Chinese gear. I buy very little USNC Halo kits, just mechs and Marine figures really. I'd buy that Pelican if it wasn't in the police deco.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I'm only interested in the base. I couldn't care less about the actual Pelican vehicle. To me, halo vehicles are only good for parts fodder. I never build them, just pitch the pieces into sorted bins. Occasionally my son will build one, but again, he's pretty ambivalent about where the set comes from and likely couldn't tell you the difference between halo and CoD since he's never played either game.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I don't recall any version of Robin that wore shorts w/ red pixie boots. Is that from a video game or Earth-27?

Think it's based on the Dark Knight Returns Carrie Kelley Robin, but the boots are the wrong color.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's Dick Grayson, but they've modeled him after Carrie Kelly. It's kind of weird, actually.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
For anyone who has a UCS Slave I at home or has seen it at a Lego Store. It's much bigger than I had imagined. Spotcat big. The disc is the diameter of a large deep dish pizza.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Could be worse, he could have become a fucking meme character like Deadpool. :trollface:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That thing is huge. It would probably cost another $75 if LEGO had done it.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
That thing is huge. It would probably cost another $75 if LEGO had done it.

My Lego Helicarrier was $100 more, 100 parts less and you have to buy the lights separately if you want them. This is why I've completely switched to Mega Bloks.

Edit: And the Helicarrier was a 9/1 sticker to print ratio. The Enterprise has about 50 printed parts and 0 stickers.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, LEGO's reliance on stickers and inscrutable pricing chicanery vexes me.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
So far they have been sticking with stuff that was in COD games. I remember playing a Nam level in Black Ops (?) and I remember the boat, but was there a Huey level?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
So far they have been sticking with stuff that was in COD games. I remember playing a Nam level in Black Ops (?) and I remember the boat, but was there a Huey level?

I feel like there was a Huey or HIND sequence in Black Ops.

Ah, I'm at a disadvantage, as I've never played the games. Hopefully we do get more Nam stuff. Maybe Megabloks can license Platoon or Full Metal Jacket ;)

I bought a few CoD titles during a Steam sale, but I haven't played them. Are they good for single player? I detest online play with snarky 12-yr-olds.