G.I. Kre-O, Kre-O, MegaBloks CoD and LEGO discussions

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Ah, I'm at a disadvantage, as I've never played the games. Hopefully we do get more Nam stuff. Maybe Megabloks can license Platoon or Full Metal Jacket ;)

I bought a few CoD titles during a Steam sale, but I haven't played them. Are they good for single player? I detest online play with snarky 12-yr-olds.

I only buy them and play them for the single player campaign.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Jesus Herbert Walker Christ.

I'm going to go broke again.

I just saw the price. Way over the $.10 per piece standard. Et tu Mega? Fuck that noise. My Enterprise was cheaper!

Edit: I saw the Canadian TRU price. It's $199 in the US. I'll just wait a year for it to drop $60 like the LCAC.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
That`s back in the married days where I'd open shit in the car (kept a phillips there specifically for the vehicles mounted to shipping plates) and discard of the packaging at the nearest dumpster before I got home. Once it's in the room, it's always been there.

Unfortunately brick built items are impossible to hide since you have to build them. I can do about a 1000 bricks per day building wise before I go cross-eyed.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Are the Walking Dead sets the same scale as Lego/etc? I haven't seen them so I don't know.

TRU is having a clearance.. 30% off the normal sale prices:

Woodbury Assault Vehicle (M35) The Walking Dead Woodbury Assault Vehicle - T M P Int. - Toys "R" Us

Dales RV The Walking Dead Construction Set - Dales RV - T M P Int. - Toys "R" Us

Megabloks Assassins Creed Gunboat Mega Bloks Assassin's Creed Gunboat Takeover - MEGA Brands - Toys "R" Us

Are the K'NEX Titans properly scaled?

K'NEX Titanfall IMC Atlas Titan Building Set - K'NEX - Toys "R" Us

CLEARANCE is the code for the extra discount.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The K'nex Titans appear to be the correct scale, but I can't bring myself to buy them because all the reviews show them constantly falling apart in your hand. I'm saving them for a day I'm really bored and will have a fresh tube of superglue ready. I want the green Ogre, but McFarlane's announcement of Titanfall 2 figures matching scale with my recent PlayArts KO Atlas, I think I'll just wait for those.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You can fudge the scale if you're combining MegaBloks and the McFarlane sets, but LEGo isn't going to work in aesthetically.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
TWD sets are regular lego scale. The prison and boiler room dios I used in my CoD Joe pics were both TWD sets. They are lego scale/compatible, but I hate building them. The tolerances are too tight, making every block fit a struggle. My fingers hurt after building even a small set. They're a bit on the fragile side too, like they use the same plastic as 21C or something. But they're hyper-realistic and look fantastic when you're done.

I saw those on clearance at TRU in person during lunch today, but damn, that still doesn't get them down to Amazon prices. Stupid "clearance".

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm watching reviews of the McFarlane Five Nights at Freddy's sets, and I think that maybe they can be useful, as much as it chagrins me to give McF money.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I picked up the Sparrow S-10V set to give Destiny stuff a taste.

My only complaint is that I really wish MB would label the packaging so I know WTF I'm buying, without having to look up character names and a basic plotline.

The speeder bike is cool, but is fairly spindly and will need some superglue to hold together long-term, the Shank drone less so but I'll probably do it anyway.

The Hunter is coolness, but the star of the set is the Fallen Captain, imho. The upper pair of arms plug into a piece that sits down on a regular torso's neck so swappable customizing should be easy if you're so inclined. The only negatives on him are that the back of his helmet comes down so far it hits against his cloak collar, limiting his head movement; and that the cloak itself is fairly stiff unlike the Hunter's fabric one. I might replace it, or maybe use his ultra-keen helmet for an 18th custom.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Moved them to keep the other MB thread military related. We`ll use this one for sci-fi and turtles.

The Destiny kits look interesting, but I`m too much of a Halo whore to follow Bungie on their new venture. I'm just not an rpg guy.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Stealing a post from a Fwoosher:
Ash Talon said:
I stopped by a local Gamestop and was surprised to see a Mega Bloks display stand with some of their Destiny and Call of Duty sets. Also in the display was a Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Captain N. Reyes single-carded figure. I think this may be a promo figure for the upcoming game. I bought it for $5.99. I don't care about the game, but I really like the look of this figure, especially the clear faceplate.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Anyone ever thought of getting heads shrunk down for these?

Saw megablocks OG startrek at books a million! Really neat!! I just can't do two scales!!

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Anyone ever thought of getting heads shrunk down for these?

Saw megablocks OG startrek at books a million! Really neat!! I just can't do two scales!!

I have - I want Bagdad Bad Guys...need a turban / burka head shrunk down

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
The smaller the brush the faster the paint dries tho,..

Have ol boy shrink the Indiana jones heads?

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I picked up one of the American Girl singles today, to see how they'd work with 18th adults:

Height-wise, I think she works. Face-wise, I think she's too cartoony but I bet some headswaps from Schleich statues should work. Otherwise, the only negatives are the lack of elbows and the brick-compatible hands. The arms are the rubbery plastic, so it shouldn't be difficult to get another pair of nu-style MB shoulder or elbow joints to bash in to give her elbows and whatever Schleich statue donates a head might be able to donate some hands as well.

The head is a couple mm wider than an 18th woman's typically is, but some heating up should enable the wig to squeeze narrower to work on an 18th adult if you're inclined. Her glasses wrap around her head under her wig, but should be usable as well with some heating to fit.

As she's brick-compatible, she's not quite perfect for our traditional action figure needs, but I'll be damned if there are any better figures of 18th children out there. Although they're pre-pubescent and thus could likely be converted over with some time, effort, and more of them aforementioned Schleich statues; let's hope for some boys in future series.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Probably catering to the MOC collectors?

I was thinking more that it shows how MB is finally getting out of the Lego box of treating the figures as accessories to the brickplay and treating them as a full-n-proper line of action figures worthy of collection in their own right.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
As I understand it (from Amazon) all the new Mega Bloks are now branded "Mega Construx"... I assume that's something a rocket scientist at Mattel came up with.

"Now that we've bought the second most popular brand of building blocks, let's rename it and throw away 40% of the brand equity we just paid for..." SMH. WTF Mattel.

Regarding the shipping container sets, I've been waiting for AMZ to get them on prime. The listing has been live for months, but they were always some third party seller jacking them up to sixty bucks or some nonsense. What's the MSRP, $15-20? I'll likely get a couple, and then when there is a sale, I'll pick up several more.

Still waiting on the CoD Office Zombies, Arctic troops, the little dune buggy, and the other sets from Toy Fair last year that never actually showed up.

McFarlane has a TWD block set that should be out soon too with some neat sandbag emplacements. It was due in October, but nothing so far.