Underground Base (wip)

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave: Hello Fellow Fighters....another update....

I've been waiting for this kit for awhile....I'm gonna do a kind a review on this kit and company.

When I bought the kit online on the 27th of Dec, I paid with a gift card from xmas. It was $43 +$7 shipping, :). Then I get a email on the 4th or 5th saying I needed to pay more money for shipping, about $36 for it. Ummm now I'm not happy because by this time I've spent most of the money on the card...I email a very nice lady named Cindy and she responds that I can pay by PayPal. Aint that nice. I pay for shipping like a good little sheep and then she tells me that she can't get the money from my card now. Now I'm frustrated.
I phone Visa and straiten that out but I have to wait till the 14th to have the money back on the card to re-buy the thing that I already bought..FUUUUCCCKKKKK...

So I dealt with that without getting angry at anyone and they sent it to me and I just received it on the 22nd.

After dealing with all that( which left a very bad taste in my mouth) (not for you EDDIE...lol) I opened the box....

Sage material

Super tree material

So with all that stuff I'm pretty happy with the product, but they could have done something to chear me up from all that stress a little. Other company's might have given something like a coupon or extra material or ....something. They did not. I will still deal with them as the product is unique as you'll see from the tree that I'm doing. It is a starter kit and I was hoping that I could get at least 2-3 big trees, but it only makes one nice one.

Some more work and I'll post the pics....more to come....stay tuned.....:wave::salute::salute:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
So wait wait wait...after all that mess you went thru and all that money, you can only make ONE tree?! :eek:

Yep and it's still not enough. However, I have found a product that will make really cool trees. Any other tree that is 'O scaled' (closest to our hobby 1/40th scale I think), any tree that was over 12' tall on any site that I've found so far are about $30 and over. A 20' tree is about $60. As this is a sample pack for the Supersage and Supertree material. A bag of Supertree material is $36 for the small and $120 for the huge bag.
The Supertree material and Flock are the only products that I will buy from them now because you can make trees with just branches from outside as long as you cover it with the Supertree material and Flock cover it. Not to mention next time we go up north, we will stop in Ashcroft or Cache Creek and grab some sage. I'll supply myself with that.

Here's a couple of pics of what I've done so far.....

Gonna look really good when its done.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Very nice!

I have been looking for tree kits for quite a while. I bought three or four halloween trees from Michaels that are about 18" tall...just need some of that stuff to cover them.

Gotta link?

EDIT - nevermind googled the brand and came to the usual company...

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Suggestion...but it'll take a long time...

Buy some Russian sage plants (cheap iirc) and plant them...they spread like wild fire! AND smell good :)

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave: Hello Fellow Fighters...finished the tree, now I just have to get some more 'Supertree' material and flock, about $100 worth and that should make 3-5 more trees. I want a row of trees in the back close to the wall so it will act as a backdrop sorta....kinda...thing.

I'll go concentrate on the 6x6 now. Stay tuned for more.....:wave::salute:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Oh fuck off, that looks awesome. Making all us manchildren without all that space and talent wish we had a basement we could convert into a diorama town.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Pricey but totally worth it! That tree is boss! I'm taking notes now because I know I'm going to need a forest at some point.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Hey Digs,

Are you using a filter or some special setting for these pix? Everything has this very vibrant, almost surreal look to it.

And btw... just as soon as I can finish a certain custom, I'll be sending it your way.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Hey Digs,

Are you using a filter or some special setting for these pix? Everything has this very vibrant, almost surreal look to it.

And btw... just as soon as I can finish a certain custom, I'll be sending it your way.

Hey Obi, no filter, no special effects, no photoshop (I wish I had that then I wouldn't have to make explosions by hand...lol:goodone:). I do however have a image editor that I use to clean the photo's up a little cause I'm a shitty photographer, but I'm learning. My camera was one of the first digital cameras out and the only thing I use on it's setting choices is a macro setting with a florescent light setting, and I turn the flash off. I would love a new camera but money money money....I'm not very adept in talking camera talk sorry man.
I've been awaitin for those customs brother, send them whenever you want.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Hmmm... interesting, 'cause the colors have an almost glowing effect, which is why I asked. Oh well, pix look good either way. :thumbsup:

Right on with the figs. I'm trying, bro.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
You gonna put some smaller buildings on the side of the road?!...what's yer plan?!

I dunno Eddie, I thought one side would be forested with a trail and maybe a stream or something, and the other a clearing maybe so I can land helos on it. I also had the thought of the whole dio up top would be a trooper training center for the 'Underground Base'. Mmmm why don't you guy's give me some Ideas? Anything goes but no promises.