G.I. Kre-O, Kre-O, MegaBloks CoD and LEGO discussions

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Was that in regards to the prices on the sets like the tank?...$165?!!...are they freaking kidding?!

They are likely all 100% LEGO pieces which they would have to obtain themselves for the kits...I used to make custom LEGO items and obtaining the proper part in the proper color could be pricey pending the rarity of the part.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Saw these on eBay. They'd go perfectly with these Joe minifigs.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321009791475?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SD80014-StarDiamond-Building-Blocks-Troop-and-Navy-Series-T-98-Capital-Tank-/321009791493?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Building_Toys&hash=item4abdacb205

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KY84008-Kazi-Building-Block-Toy-Field-Army-RAH-66-Military-Helicopters-/321009791460?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Building_Toys&hash=item4abdacb1e4

There's heaps more around eBay.

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
Once I figure out what's what, I'll be an ace just like with the LEGO bags.

Hopefully they do it like Mega Bloks and have a code on the side.

Ha, I couldn't finger those bags to save my life. I wanted to find a couple black knights for my lego chess I have and I ended up with a computer nerd and a tennis guy. :wtf:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Xmas time I was at target looking in the little boy undies section to get some superhero ones for my wife's stocking stuffer...I felt like such a pedo...

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
found this list online

23401 75 Alley Viper
23401 76 Cobra Ninja Viper
23401 77 Cobra Trooper
23401 78 Crimson Guard
23401 79 Cobra Axe Ninja
23401 80 Kim Arashikage (Jinx)
23401 81 Kamakura
23401 82 Quick Kick
23401 83 Rock-N-Roll
23401 84 Scarlett
23401 85 Adventure Team Commander
23401 86 Torpedo

Will make it easier for you guys that want specific figures.

I just opened Checkpoint alpha, haven't had a chance to do any comparisons just yet. Also bought

battle Platform
Dragonfly
Serpent armor strike

Will be opening them and comparing them with lego and mega block minis later. I could even do a review if needs be.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I have most all the sets...just missing the set with the VAMP / Clutch and the set with 4-wheeler / Flint. I also grabbed handful of the blind bags...I plan on likely picking up the rest over time.

I think the sets are great...my sons have HALO megabloks and I think KREO stay together better than the HALO sets...maybe not as well as LEGO...but close. I really like these and I think I posted elsewhere will collect these to satisfy my ARAH nostalgia and likely sell off most of my 3 3/4" figures (unless they have customizing value - which for the ARAH versions - I cannot think of many :D)

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I got a bunch of Kre-Joes in the mail from TRU, and I expect a few more in the coming days. I bought 22 blind packs and still didn't get a RnR or Quickkick. But I got five blueshirts and three alley vipers, so I guess that's a good thing. The battle platform already arrived, and the other sets are forthcoming.

I stopped by my TRU today, and they had a display with all the little guys, but no actual product on the shelves. I was hoping to pick up the two Joes I was missing, but I guess I'll have to go back another day.

The platform set is nice, but at this stage of my life, legos are legos are legos. But I really like the little guys. I'd buy those till the sun went down, but it's clearly nostalgia driven. TRU has virtually the same sets with a bunch of generic "battleship" guys, and I don't even take a second look. Maybe if those go on clearance I'll grab some for spare parts. But the joe sets are too much fun. I sincerely hope that it becomes a gateway for my son, who is six and starting to like legos in a big way, to start liking GIJoe.

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
I picked up some blind packs and a couple of the sets for my kids and when they saw them we were all on our way to TRU to get the rest. The only one we are still looking for is the Flint set. I have to admit I am now addicted to Joe Kreos...I love these little guys, I think its the original looks of the Joes that have me hooked. I found a few Battleship sets on clearance, added those the Joes and I picked up the Kreo TF combiners Devastator, Bruticus and Superion. We are looking forward to the next series!!!

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
I took a bunch of pictures but something happened to my phone and it crashed. I have to reset it all back to factory settings. Hopefully the pics survived.

But the shots I did take compared these with LEGO and HALO stuff. Still waiting for it to restart and then check it out.

My wife is talking to phone rep walking her through it.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
So I bit the bullet today, and bought 1 ea of the fig packs. Pretty damn cool and cute, especially the "real" hair on the AT fig. I swore I wouldn't buy any of these, but felt compelled to since there's nothing else new to buy. Unless I want more wave 1 crap... uhhh, no.

Last edited:

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
Checkpoint Alpha

Overall this set is nice. I loved this set for regular Joes as a kid and Law & Order were perfect for it.

Order is a bit fat. Should be easy to make a simple molded dog, but they couldn't how to make it.

The blocks themselves are like LEGO. Tight snaps and stays together. The firing mechanism is a nice design, albeit a bit bulky. The arms on the figures are nicer than LEGO minis as they can move out from their shoulder giving them a little more range of action.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011

This is a comparison shot of the different minis. Mega Blok HALO, Mega Blok Power Rangers, LEGO (custom I got from secret santa) and Firefly and Law.

With the exception of the HALO figure, they are all about the same size. So swapping out from the sets shouldn't be a problem. The HALO figure is a tad bit bigger and thus their sets are a little bit bigger. Some are similar to our 1:18 vs 1:16.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
here's one problem with these sets

they are separated like this in the box and the boxes are taped up with simple tape. meaning, once swappers find this out, buying a complete, untampered with set will become a problem. Unlike LEGO where the figures are usually scattered between bags and the boxes are security sealed.