Joe Con 2013

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I do like the Frag Viper, but it's probably better/smarter to save up some $$$$ and get a handful of Raginspoon's Grenade Man resin kits.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
You guys are turning into Fag Vipers, and it's all Hasbro's fault.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Good Lord, off-topic fast!

That blue is silly looking, it should've been gunmetal, olive drab or crimson or something. Anything but that blue. Helmet seems a tad large, too. What I'm interested in, is the flame... Anyone think that'll actually come with the figure?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Good Lord, off-topic fast!

That blue is silly looking, it should've been gunmetal, olive drab or crimson or something. Anything but that blue. Helmet seems a tad large, too. What I'm interested in, is the flame... Anyone think that'll actually come with the figure?

It is coming with it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It most assuredly did come with a Joe, and if YoJoe's fucking WHOBIT worked I'd find out for you.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That seems more like a MU or SW thing...huh..cool, though since I don't give poops about the figure, I don't really care what he comes with...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Valor vs Venom Torch.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Oh ok. That was before my "reboot" LOL.

I actually kinda like that figure except for the silly flame thing.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Bare arms on a DG Shipwreck would be a good start on one.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Both of those look pretty good... Limited parts use and all considered. I just hope to get them in regular deco doesn't take 4 FSS subs or the next 3 years of club figures to do so...

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
I like Muskrat. A lot for some reason. But so far it looks like I'll be trying to grab these guys differently. If I have that option, cause I'm not feeling buying the whole lot just to sell off 3/4 of the figures.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I could not be more underwhelmed by this year's figures so far. I'm still holding out hope that the new female cobra will be cool, but the one's they've shown pics of are asstacular. I know all that blue is a vintage homage, but that's just fugly, in the same way python patrol was useless and fugly. No way I can make myself shell out for the club and con set this year.

As excited as I was about last year's set, this one has "DERP" written all over it.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
hahaha.

I read about 10 pages the other night and couldn't take it any longer. Noticed you had a interesting convo going lol

Mswi

Teabagging Ninja
Feb 16, 2012
hahaha.

I read about 10 pages the other night and couldn't take it any longer. Noticed you had a interesting convo going lol

I Don't normally get involved in the Bs but when I read that guy dump on someone who commented that Charbroil wasnt't accurate, and he figured it was dead on. I simply asked why he said that and the stupid escalated from there..................... but I think I made a new friend

Mswi

Teabagging Ninja
Feb 16, 2012
I dunno, their page for the figure says "NEW" head...

http://www.gijoecon.com/in2013/con13nfmuskrt.cfm

For some reason, it doesn't look like either Falcon or Duke to me. Also, the boonie seems new (it also states that it's new) so I'd wager to say it was new, just a tad generic looking.

I think if you look close you can see the painted over scar on his cheek, but I've been drinking so maybe its just me

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I think if you look close you can see the painted over scar on his cheek, but I've been drinking so maybe its just me

Ah, perhaps you're right. Either way, that's a decent-looking head and not a bad one to pick to reuse, to be honest. There are plenty of those "square-jawed, generic guy" faces that would work with repainted hair for someone like Muskrat. Law, Hawk, Falcon, Duke. The boonie adds to the character's iconic look more than his head, to be honest.