Marvel: Phase Two

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Reading the Wikipedia entry on the Gauntlet makes it sound really silly. I hope they make it awesome. (From that video, the Collector looked really silly.)

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I think Dre was saying that we know of two of them - the Tesseract and the Aether - not that the Tesseract is two.

Bingo.

You can't see it too well in that pic, Medd...I only see four...which means two are still out there (Tesseract and the Aether).

I don't know why every gem would be stored in one spot though. Seems like it would be more of a risk that way.

Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Bingo.

You can't see it too well in that pic, Medd...I only see four...which means two are still out there (Tesseract and the Aether).

I don't know why every gem would be stored in one spot though. Seems like it would be more of a risk that way.

Yeah, the scene it is in is less than 1/2 second long, I would need to extract the frames as jpegs to get it crystal clear, and that is IF they made it crystal clear. I only own the DVD of the movie, not BR :(

I had no idea how many crystals it is supposed to have.

Last edited:

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Yeah, the scene it is in is less than 1/2 second long, I would need to extract the frames as jpegs to get it crystal clear, and that is IF they made it crystal clear. I only own the DVD of the movie, not BR :(

I had no idea how many crystals it is supposed to have.

Six gems: Soul, Reality, Time, Space, Power, Mind.

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
Maaaaan. Imagine if they pull some of the stuff Thanos does in the comics.... straight up turning Thor into glass.

I wonder if we will ever see Adam Warlock on the big screen.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Rumor I'm reading is that The Collector (Del Toro) is actually Thanos in disguise, trying to collect all the Infinity Gems, two of which are the Tesseract (Cap and Avengers) and the Aether (Thor 2).

I had heard a theory that the Collector was trying to get them all to keep Thanos from getting them...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not I...before Marvel announced they were doing a GotG movie, I had no idea who any of the characters were...I still hardly do...

W.O. leroy

Enlisted
Jul 21, 2011
Australia
I've heard that the gauntlet is complete with the Infinity gems but they need the Infinity Stones to power the gems. The Tesseract and the Aether are two of the six stones.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
a few non full spoiler thoughts:

-I really enjoyed the first film but this one was way better
-Loki is a HUGE part of the film, and it's all awesome! He's the star once again.
-Most of the film is in Asgard or other realms.
-Very little Earth time
-Very Very Funny. Lots of humor
-Good action
-Final battle is crazy with lots of little things going on but it worked out well.
-The "Kurse" was a badass mofo
-A few major deaths(good and bad guys)
-Lots of twists
-Sif has a bigger part then the first and is really sexy in the movie.
-Portman has a bigger part then the first movie.
-Captain America makes a cameo in the film. A non credit cameo!
-Mid Credit scene tying the movie to GOTG
-After Credit scene
-They perfectly set up a 3rd Thor Movie

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I heard the plot was very complex. Can a non-Thorian watch it and enjoy it, or do you have to know the whole story from the comics prior to watching it?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
a few non full spoiler thoughts:

-I really enjoyed the first film but this one was way better
-Loki is a HUGE part of the film, and it's all awesome! He's the star once again.
-Most of the film is in Asgard or other realms.
-Very little Earth time
-Very Very Funny. Lots of humor
-Good action
-Final battle is crazy with lots of little things going on but it worked out well.
-The "Kurse" was a badass mofo
-A few major deaths(good and bad guys)
-Lots of twists
-Sif has a bigger part then the first and is really sexy in the movie.
-Portman has a bigger part then the first movie.
-Captain America makes a cameo in the film. A non credit cameo!
-Mid Credit scene tying the movie to GOTG
-After Credit scene
-They perfectly set up a 3rd Thor Movie

sounds great!

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I heard the plot was very complex. Can a non-Thorian watch it and enjoy it, or do you have to know the whole story from the comics prior to watching it?

These movies are set up so you don't have to know much about the comics to enjoy them.

You know who Thor is? You know who Loki is? You're all set.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011

I've never read a Thor comic in my life :D

As long as you're familiar with the Cinematic Marvel Universe you will be fine. They do reference the Avengers a few times and the first Thor movie. I would recommend watching those two before you watch this one.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Hmm, I wonder why the (young, semi-hip) movie review guy was so confused by it then? He seemed overwhelmed that an action movie could have such a "complex" plot. He also hated the 3D (said it was too dark and blurry).

Meh, I thought the first one was alright, despite not knowing any of the lesser characters. And, of course I thought Avengers was/is awesome! So I would imagine I'll enjoy it, when it hits Netflix. :D

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Not sure. I did NOT see 3D so maybe that was the problem. I refuse to watch any movie in 3D that was converted in post production. Fuck that noise.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Not sure. I did NOT see 3D so maybe that was the problem. I refuse to watch any movie in 3D that was converted in post production. Fuck that noise.

I refuse to watch any movie in 3D. It's a tacky, dated feature that just gets in the way of my enjoyment of a film.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Bummer...so I'm guessing about 90% CGI :(

Maybe add a spoiler post with with "Spoilers" in all caps and bold and like size 5?...specifically the end credits scene...

It did have loads of CGI but it never really got in the way of the film.

you already watched the end credits no?

I refuse to watch any movie in 3D. It's a tacky, dated feature that just gets in the way of my enjoyment of a film.

Agreed!

The ONLY movie I ever enjoyed in 3D was Avatar.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Same...it's like wearing sunglasses during a movie, just don't like it...it's okay on cartoons though since they're so vivid to begin with, but even then, I'd still prefer 2D...

you already watched the end credits no?

I did not...the mid credits one with the collector, yes, but not the end END credits scene...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Spoilers only bother me for comedies...they ruin all the laughs...

Ok. I kinda have to explain a shit ton of the story for you to understand the importance of it:

Spoiler

Spoiler

So between Thor 1 and this movie, Jane and Thor haven't seen each other. They explain in the movie that it was over 2 years. Anyway, they meet in this movie but shit is already going down so they don't really get to "catch up". This is a ongoing minor plot point during the movie.

So, after the final battle, Thor defeats the main bad guy and returns to Asgard without saying anything to the Earthlings. The end of the movie has Jane, Darcy, Erik and another guy eating breakfast consoling Jane saying that maybe he will come back. Jane says it's only been 2 days, he'll be back.

Flash to Asgard and Thor is talking to Odin and then a MAJOR MAJOR spoiler happens in this scene that I refuse to type as it will COMPLETELY RUIN THE MOVIE FOR YOU AND REQUEST THAT YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT. Movie ends. Mid credits happen. End credits has Jane still waiting at the table alone and Thor blasts down to Earth and they hug and make out. Happy Good feeling ending.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Dang it!

...and then a MAJOR MAJOR spoiler happens in this scene that I refuse to type as it will COMPLETELY RUIN THE MOVIE FOR YOU AND REQUEST THAT YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT.

:D

Thanks for typing all that out man

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Someone over at OG13 posted about Netflix and Disney/Marvel having a deal and bringing the Hell's kitchens guys (Daredevil, Cage, and someone else) to Netflix with a series for each and a movie finale. Or something like that. I wonder if these will play any role in the Avengers verse.